It’s big opportunity missed – this shop is due to open as a cafe, but they’re keeping the good news well hidden. What could they add to this wasted publicity space?
- Essential information – website, phone and email address in large print.
- Facebook and Instagram address, with a request to ‘checkin’ and ‘like’.
- Run Facebook local ads, targeted to the neighbourhood – look what’s coming!
- How to get on the email list – when they do, an auto-response zips straight back with an exclusive opening offer.
- Giant version of the menu – costs a few dollars from the local print shop.
- Menu highlights – large hand-written text, big enough to read from a passing bus.
- Joke of the day – keep people checking back. Or quote, food fact or drink of the day – have some fun.
- Information about the new owners – photos, travel and cooking pictures etc.
- Recruit staff members – tell us who you need, how to make contact and what a great place it will be to work.
- Put peepholes in the paper so we can watch the renovations. Have them at several heights (including for children and dogs) – arouse curiosity, and leave a light on in the evening so there’s always a view.
- A count-down clock, marking off the number of days until they open… 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…
What else would you suggest?