You’re probably heard of NPS or Net Promoter Score, a simple measurement of how likely people are to do business with you again. Another way to measure your business is with the Net Easy Score or NES. Based on work by Sue Barrett, it looks at all the ways your business is easy, or difficult, to deal with. Here’s a version for restaurants, cafes and foodservice.
Score your business on each of these factors from 1 to 10 – 1 for very difficult to deal with, through to 10, which is for being frictionless, delightful, and extremely easy to deal with. To keep the list manageable, some points contain a couple of service factors.
- Finding the business on Google or Apple Map, or a Google search – clear description and useful information with correct opening times, useful photos and website links. How does the search work on a mobile phone? Parking and public transport access to the business is easy to find and close.
- Phone calls get through to someone who can help me straight away. Phone messages and email inquiries are returned promptly with useful information. Texting is used for quick responses.
- Online reviews give me a clear picture of the business. Google, Facebook, Trip Advisor etc. The main social media channels are informative and friendly.
- The website is informative with accurate menus, opening hours, directions and a good impression of the business.
- The menu is easy to read, and can be accessed in advance online and on a phone. There are good explanations of the food and beverages. It’s easy to get food for my dietary needs eg vegetarian, vegan, gluten free – doesn’t feel like the choice is very limited.
- It’s easy to order online for delivery or pickup – menu on familiar ordering platforms, easy to understand. Simple payment including Apple/Google Pay to avoid the ‘get off the couch’ issue – when you need to go to find your card. Booking is easy to do via online booking system or with a phone call
- Speed of service, response times, welcome, ordering, delivery and finalising the account – this cuts through most of the items on the list. The speed is appropriate to the situation – not rushed for fine dining, definitely speedy for drive-through or takeaway. Never frustrating.
- Helpful, efficient staff who can answer questions and give prompt, friendly service. When things become complicated, how easy is it to sort them out? Walking in to eat or drink, it’s easy to obtain a table, and the system is clear – all the seats are in good locations.
- Toilets are accessible, clean and safe. Obvious attention to cleaning, hygiene and Covid safety routines.
- Payment is easy and safe at the counter, or when I’m ready to leave – cash or card, tap and go. If there’s queue for service or payment, it moves quickly.
How did you go? A score above 80/100 puts you in the Nice & Easy category – a preferred place to do business in today’s difficult climate… we will definitely be back!
🤚 Check the weekly discoveries on Hospo Reset – information & inspiration for restaurant, cafe & foodservice operators.