Shortages of skilled staff are nothing new in hospitality, but Covid lockdowns and job losses have only made the situation worse. It’s time to stop waiting for things to improve, and take a fresh, hard look at your menu and how many people you need in the kitchen. Customers still want quality and service at an affordable price, but how else can this be provided?
In this podcast, Ken Burgin talks with Graeme McCormack from Food Equity group about Outsourcing and Labour Saving in Modern Foodservice. How to serve high-quality food with a semi-skilled, more available workforce and the right equipment – there are some great solutions.
Topics they discussed…
- Graeme visited dozens of pubs and clubs recently – what are you hearing, and what are the business opportunities?
- What changed in QSR through 2020 – 2021 with flavour and food consumption trends?
- What’s changed (or not) with people’s eating preferences in the last 2 years?
- Is the desire for healthy eating and sustainability really as important as the media says?
- Particular food and flavour trends we should be watching out for?
- Designing the new knifeless / low skill kitchen…
- What staff do I need to put it together?
- What are the core pieces of equipment? Speed oven, fryer, good fridge, what else?